June 29, 2009

A Poem for Gina (posted by Joe)


"Triplets?"
Your voice barely squawked out, "triplets?
"Yes, there on the screen were three tiny embryos.
Tears welled up in your eyes as the thought overwhelmed you.

"I wanted to be pregnant, but I didn't want this!"How will I ever manage?
Three babies all at one time.I'll go crazy!
The house isn't big enough;
the car's not big enough.
I'm not even sure we can afford them
My life will never be normal again!

And all those weeks I have to spend in bed.
What will happen to my friendship with my husband?
Oh, this isn't how I planned it at all!

Then the Lord said,"Now, you didn't plan it this way, but I did.
Remember my thoughts are not your thoughts, and my ways are not your ways.
My plans are for the good of your welfare, and not for your calamity.

Have you forgotten?
My way is perfect.

"Yes, God has chosen you to be the mother of triplets.
He must have looked down from heaven one day and said,
"Where is the woman I can entrust with three little ones?

Ah, there she is.
She loves me.
She loves her husband.
She loves her children.
I know that she is the best one for this responsibility.
And it is a responsibility.

"There will be days when you'll feel like giving up.
But when those three little ones "rise up and call you blessed
"You'll forget about the bad days.
When they wrap their arms around your neck and say,
"I Love You, Mommy!"
You'll forget about the tears.

Yes, you're going to be the mother of triplets.
And one day they will know That God gave them the best mother they could have.

-- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment